Friday, July 01, 2005

Happy Canada Day!

LOL... yeah, Amy, it's Friday again. :-P

And I have the day off! It's Canada Day, so no work today. No plans for the day, either. I slept in this morning (yes!), and Sheldon and I are just hangin' out. Might barbecue if the weather holds out. It's really warm out, but is getting pretty cloudy and looks like it may rain.

We've had alot of rain this month, but at least we're not flooding like so many places. Calgary has been flooded and Chantelle's basement suite got wet -- she had to move all her stuff into the empty bedroom and the landlord had to clean up the water and dry everything out. Not fun. Hopefully next week will be nice when Sheldon goes out. Calgary Stampede starts on the 8th, and it would be nice if things were dry then... Chantelle is really excited about him coming out. They should have a great time.

Well, not much to update on at the moment. Maybe I'll be back later. :-P

Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canadian readers (all 2 of you.... haha). Have a great day!

Currently playing: Last Saskatchewan Pirate ~ Arrogant Worms {just for fun ;-) }

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Arrogant Worms? Sounds appetizing... :p

Happy Canada Day to you, too.

I hope Sheldon has a great time out in Calgary w/ Chantelle. I truly envy their relationship. It's awesome to read how close they are. I wish I had siblings closer to my age..

Well, not much going on here. Hey, I posted an update on Beyond the Gates on the SCC boards. I really hope this movie goes big. I hope it's better than the Left Behind series (not that I've seen any of those movies, nor that the two are affiliated, but I heard it was pretty cheesy).

Anyway, glad you got to relax today. It was "rainy" here, too. I put it in quotes b/c it was windy, thundery, but we lacked much of the needed wet stuff. It's probably waiting til tomorrow when everyone's outdoors at the concert :-p.

Have a great evening!!!

Amy

September said...

LOL @ the Arrogant Worms comment. They are... kinda strange. Comedy songs, often making fun of Canada in a way that you probably have to be Canadian to truly appreciate. ;-)

Yeah, I envy their relationship, too. They are 4 1/2 years apart in age, but are very close. I've never had a close relationship with my brother (3 years older) or my sister (5 years younger). Nothing to do with age in our case, just very different personalities, I guess.

I saw the two Left Behind movies (actually own them). I liked the first one well enough (there is one scene that just totally gets me), but the second one was pretty bad... Unfortunately, most Christian movies *are* pretty cheesy.

Have a great day tomorrow! I hope the weather is great and that you have an awesome time!

Slicer said...

Yet another "Friday post". lol!
Glad to read that you are getting some relaxation in.