Tuesday, July 26, 2005

As mentioned in the TagBoard, feeling a little better, although still not well. I'm coughing quite a bit (and yes, I am now taking some cough medicine... lol), and the sore throat is gone, but yesterday the headache came back and I was just really tired. Had a 2 hour nap in the afternoon and that helped. Aside from the cough, I feel okay today.

This weekend is our town's big Homecoming (as part of Saskatchewan's Centennial celebration). It's a big deal and the committee has been working very hard on it for a long time. I've lived here since I was 10, so this is home, but I have no great enthusiasm for attending the festivities. You have to pay to register in order to attend any of it, and it wasn't worth it to me... although I think that for those who are coming home for it, it will be good. The fireworks should be cool, but I can see that from my house.... haha.

There is a parade, and the library will be having a float. So guess who gets to ride on it? Oh yay.... lol. Since it's a "then & now" theme, we will have a former long-time librarian as well as myself and the assistant librarian. Oh joy..... :-P (Should I be practising my "queen wave"?... hahaha)

It's also my 25th high school reunion on Sunday, in connection with the Homecoming. I've pretty much decided not to go. (Don't I just sound like an old stick-in-the-mud!) The few friends I'd actually be interested in seeing aren't going to be there, and the rest of my classmates I'm not friends with, and after 25 years it really doesn't matter so much anymore. Our 10 year reunion was kinda cool, but after 25 years, if you haven't ever kept in touch with these people and weren't friends to begin with.... it's really not important. I thought it was just me, but I was talking to my sister-in-law, wondering if she was going, and she felt the same way (although she was a little hesitant at expressing her feelings at first, feeling like I was that "I shouldn't be so negative").

But yeah, I don't really have any desire to sit and spend hours trying to converse with people (not my strong point anyway) that I either haven't seen in 10-25 years, and/or don't really care if I do. I'm really not a negative person, it's just that some things in life are important, and some aren't. And I'd rather not spend my time on something I really don't enjoy just because "I should". Me, the "people pleaser", is trying to break out of that mindset of doing things "because it's expected".

~~~~~

Currently playing: You and Me ~ Lifehouse

4 comments:

The Great Mooski said...

I didn't even get invited to my 10 yr reunion!!!!!!! Geesh. I guess when you move out of state, you move out of mind.....

I'm glad to hear you're taking something for your cough.

Can we call you "Queenie?" ;-) *elbow, elbow, wrist, wrist*

September said...

Oh my... prom queen?! You've got to be kidding! LOL! (we don't even have prom here.) No, the queen comment was in my reference to me saying that maybe I should practise my "queen wave" for the parade. ;-) OY! (Really don't want to be in the parade... yuck.)

Yeah, the hair is still growing. Driving me nuts, too! It's not even very long at all, just longer than I've had it in years -- it's usually *very* short. And it's kinda curly, to right now it's just doin' it's own thing. If I can get past this "in between" stage I'll be okay, but I don't know if I can wait... lol. Might end up getting it all cut off again. :-P

The Great Mooski said...

I am thinking about trying to grow mine out as well. I don't know that I will make it though...I'll be all self-conscious in front of the kiddos at school and all...

I wanna see a pic of your hair now, September!

September said...

Oh my goodness... the pressure!!! LOL