Friday, June 24, 2005

What is it about Friday's that leads me to post? Boredom, mostly... lol. It's the end of the week, and I want the day to be done. Actually, what I'd really love is a nap! :-P

We had another wild thunderstorm a few nights ago. WOW! The lightning was incredible. I'm sure something hit here in town, you could hear it. And the thunder was awesome!!! :-D I love night-time thunderstorms, the only thing is that with "tornado season", it's kinda worrisome. At least during the day you can see the changes in the weather and have a better chance of knowing if something is coming, but at night... :-S

Sheldon started work this morning. He was tired at noon... lol. Not because the work is hard, but because he had to be up quite early (and didn't go to bed very early!), and it's just different than his usual day. He should be real tired by Sunday night. He goes shingling at 7:00 tomorrow morning, then works again on Sunday morning.

Anyone seen "The Notebook"? I was kinda disappointed. I had decided at one point not watch it, cuz I'd read a couple of Nicholas Sparks' books, and while they weren't too bad and they made me cry, I found them kinda predictable and not really my thing. But then everyone kept saying how "The Notebook" was SOOO good, the best movie, etc., etc., so I broke down and rented it last weekend. It was okay. Not bad, I was just disappointed -- it didn't live up to my expectations.

I really want to see "Hotel Rwanda" -- it's supposed to be very powerful. Maybe I'll rent it when Sheldon's gone to Calgary and Robbie's working, since no one else will wanna watch it with me. We don't agree on many movies in our house... haha.

There's been some scandal at our high school -- a female teacher & and a 16 year old male student. :-S All I've heard is some rumors, I'm not really sure what is truth, but I do know that the teacher was let go. Although all this apparently came about a couple of weeks ago (at least), I only just heard about it -- which is odd in a small town where everyone knows your business practically before you do! I asked Sheldon about it, since I was suprised that he hadn't said anything. But he didn't have much to say, just that he'd heard lots of rumors and didn't know what was true. Considering that the student in this alleged situation is a friend of his.... I guess he'd rather not be involved....

On another note entirely, I'm thinking about letting my hair grow out a bit. It is actually kinda curly once it has some length, but every time in the past that I've considered growing it out, it has driven me completely crazy and I'd go and get it all chopped off again... :-P I don't want it very long, just "longer"... If I can just hold out during that in-between stage when it looks lousy and drives me crazy. We'll see how I do.... lol.

Is it 5:00 yet?! *checks clock* Apparently not... I still have an hour left. I guess I'll go shelve some books and try to keep busy. ;-)

Till next time... :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey!

Well, it's Friday again. Where's the update?? ;-)

It's rainy here. Tomorrow is Celebrate Freedom, "The biggest one day outdoor concert event in America." Well, that's what KLTY says, anyway. Personally, I think it's the HOTTEST one day outdoor event :-p. The heat is something we are not looking forward to. But, I am now a Field Agent (insert "24" theme music now) for Team Narnia and so I'll be handing out stuff. Maybe that will take my mind off things?? Hehe. Doubt it!

Well, I really have enjoyed reading your blog. I know you said it's nothing much, but I do enjoy reading everyone's day to day journey. I don't have one of my own because I KNOW I wouldn't keep it updated.

Have a great weekend!!!