Sunday, March 20, 2005

The Passion

I watched "The Passion of the Christ" again today... I got the dvd for Christmas, but hadn't watched it. Haven't seen it since the first time, the week it came out in the theatre. Today is Palm Sunday, and we read the Passion account from the Gospel of Matthew in church today. The whole time, I'm seeing it in my mind. So I decided that today was a good day to watch it.

It was emotionally draining. Not as bad as the first time, but still draining.

It's been that kind of day... alot of things on my mind today...


Currently playing: Grace and Love ~ Kutless

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey September,
Yeah we are hoping to watch the Passion on Friday. Fred got it as a birthday gift and also hadn't watched it yet. It is a very draining movie to watch but it really helps with the visualization of Good Friday and gets the whole sacrifice thing for me to the max.

I hope your next few days will be more uplifting and that Easter will bring you much joy!

I also really liked that quote from your last post. I am so thankful that God has given you such courage, sometimes loud as a lion and other times barely audible - but I am so thankful it is there.

May God bless you with abundant grace, peace and love!!!

Joyce

September said...

Hey Joyce! Good to see you. :-)

It was definitely a good thing to watch it again. Just kind of set the mood for an emotional day. But all is well. :-)

God *has* given me courage, although some days I feel pretty weak. Fortunately, He has also given me amazing friends who give me strength. ;-)

*hugs*

(I know, I owe you an email... still getting there... lol)