Wednesday, March 09, 2005

I wish there was some way to take another person's pain away. There isn't. We each have our own to deal with. I only hope that something I do or say can help to ease it, just a little.

~*~*~*~

Today is Chantelle's job interview. Praying that it goes well, and that she gets the job.

I'm going to a diocesan workshop/conference out of town this weekend. It was originally supposed to be a bigger conference last fall, but due to a number of factors including low registrations it was postponed till spring. Now the entire format has been changed. I'm sure it will still be good, but something different from what was originally planned. The Primate of the Anglican Church of Canada is the guest speaker (the primate is the bishop of highest rank in the country). I'm certain that at least some of the discussion will be surrounding the recent request that the Canadian and American churches voluntarily withdraw from the Anglican Consultative Council due to the issues of the ordination in the U.S. of gay bishop Gene Robinson and of same-sex blessings in Canada. I hope that the discussions can take place in a peaceful manner. There is so much division already...

It will be good to see some friends this weekend. The only time we see each other is at these workshops, and it's always a blessing to spend time together. :-)

So many struggles with my faith in the past few years... so many questions and at times frustration. Not that there is anything wrong with questioning and doubting, I think that is how we grow. But sometimes it leaves you feeling very lost. I read something last night that someone said on a message board: "God likes questions. If you don't ask, how can He answer?" I liked that. :-)


Currently playing: Treasure of Jesus ~ SCC

No comments: