Wednesday, July 18, 2007

This and that...

I went to Saskatoon on Monday. I did a bit of shopping, but the real reason I went was to see "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix". I went without any expectations this time. I saw "Goblet of Fire" with Josh last year, and while I enjoyed it, I was also disappointed. They left out so much, and because of that it didn't seem to "flow". It was my least favorite to date.

I must say, I loved "Order of the Phoenix". It was also one of my favorite books. Yes, they left out a lot, but with a book that is like 700 pages, there isn't much choice. Instead of dwelling on what was left out or changed, I just enjoyed the movie. I really did love it. I'd go again... lol. The DVD will be on my Christmas list. ;-)

On Sunday, Sheldon and I went to Moose Jaw to the family barbecue. I had a nice visit with my brother and sister-in-law and my aunt. We left shortly after supper because Sheldon needed to drive back to Saskatoon yet (hour home, an hour to S'toon). I know he was rather bored, not even knowing some of the relatives there, but he hung in there and I appreciated that he went. It was a good day.

I heard from a friend today, one who I thought was gone. I'd met her on a message board about 3 years ago, at a time when my life was a mess. We had many things in common -- it was almost scary... lol. She had a very positive impact on me at that time, but she was very ill and didn't want to talk about it. Suddenly, she disappeared. PM's and emails were never answered, and I would periodically check with some others to see if they'd heard from her, but no one had. She just vanished. Knowing that she was very ill, we all hoped for the best... but feared the worst. I came to accept that she may have passed away.

I rarely log into those message boards anymore, but I had a notification this morning for a PM. It wasn't from her, but when I went to my inbox, lo and behold I had a PM from her as well!!! She'd sent it last week, but for some reason I never received a notification. I was totally stunned! I was also so happy to know that she was indeed alive, and well. :-) Her message was brief, so I'm awaiting her reply to my message to her -- which of course was not brief. Can't imagine that, can ya? :-P

I was going to post about something else that was bugging me, but I changed my mind. At least for today. I'll stick with the positive, and leave aside the negative. ;-)

Oh, one more thing... I'm excited for "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows". I have my copy pre-ordered on Amazon. Unfortunately since I live in a small town I won't get it delivered on Saturday, but it should arrive within a few days after. YES! :-D

No comments: