Monday, May 21, 2007

Since Susanna asked...

... Grad was good. ;-)

The weather that day was terrible -- very cold, very windy, some rain. Those poor girls in their gowns were freezing.

It was a time of mixed feelings for me, a weekend of reflection and varied emotions.

I didn't see Sheldon alot over the weekend, he spent much of it with his dad. We had pictures on Saturday afternoon, and later in the day the grad banquet and the ceremony. It all went very well, we had a good time at the banquet. My dad came down later in the afternoon and attended the banquet with us. He came back to the house to visit with me after the grad ceremony, while Sheldon and his girlfriend and invited guests went to the grad party (which is parent-supervised -- his dad took on that duty this time). He wasn't home again until Sunday afternoon.

It was kind of an odd time for me, and I missed not having Chantelle home, as well. But overall, Grad itself was good. :-)

1 comment:

SRL said...

sounds like it was a strange but good weekend. I'm sure it must be hard to watch your youngest pass this milestone. I'm glad I have a lot of years left until then though really it's only 10... years that will pass in the blink of an eye I'm sure...