Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Well, I tried... but the nice guy at Parable wouldn't sell me the Todd Agnew CD a day early... lol. Perfectly understandable, he had concerns about the store being sued. I didn't really expect to get it, but thought it would be worth a try. ;-) So instead, I prepaid it and they will mail it out. Unfortunately it cost me an extra $5.50 (!!!) just to get it mailed out. Now, another CD I would have just waited until I was in Saskatoon again, although it could be awhile. But I really wanted this one. Should be here in a couple of days. Yay! :-)

After a few glitches, Sheldon has his car. We took Robbie's car to S'toon yesterday and his dad picked up his car and brought it back , so it was here when we got home last night. Well, technically it was in the garage cuz the brake pads needed to be replaced -- and he freaked when we got home and it wasn't here -- but he was able to pick it up, go cruising for a bit, and all is well. He's a happy camper. ;-)

So we went to S'toon to get some clothes, etc. for Sheldon. What does he come home with? One pair of jeans and a belt.... lol. He couldn't find anything else he liked. I tried... dragging him around to several places, but nothing interested him. He said he'd get something another time. Okay, whatever works... haha. Silly boy.

I got a few things for myself -- jeans, two pair of pants, couple of long sleeved t-shirts, a pair of shoes. I needed new pants quite badly. Some of my old ones don't fit, but some of them are just old and out of style. It was time for something new.

Chantelle called last night and we chatted for awhile. She always makes me laugh. She was telling me how she'd gone to Safeway on her way home from work to get the ingredients for this salad she wanted to make, plus some fruit, etc. She got off the C-train near her house and was walking home, and was thinking about how hungry she was, and all of sudden she realized that she'd left her bag of groceries on the C-train!!! LOL. Poor kid. Fortunately only about $9.00 worth of stuff, but still.... that's enough when you're on a tight budget, plus she needed that food for supper. She said she hoped someone who really needed that food found it. ;-)

Someone just returned a copy of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince to the library. Everyone keeps telling me that the ending is sad and that they cried. Oh no..... :'( I'm only about halfway through, I haven't been spending enough time on it. But I'm sort of trying to make it last, too. It's always so long till the next one!

Well, I'm at work so I should get something done. ;-)

~~~~

Current weather: Cloudy, rainy, cool. (blech)
Currently playing: Numb ~ Linkin Park (on Launchcast)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you believe someone gave the ending away on another board?!! I was not happy! I'm still gonna read it, but I thought it was kinda mean to tell everyone (it was the title of the post)

September said...

Oh no! How could someone do that?!?!?! Man...

I purposely stayed away from any talk of the book, but it's pretty hard to avoid when it's the title of a post!