Saturday, February 26, 2005

This and that....

It's weekend again. The week went quickly, and yet it seems like forever since I was away. I miss my friends.... :-(

This past week was winter break, so Sheldon didn't have school. I think he was bored for awhile cuz some of his friends were busy/away, but a bunch of them went to Regina on Thursday to help his friend's mom move and then to just hang out, and I think he's had a good time. Still not home yet... lol.

My mom took me out for supper last night, Chinese food. That was nice. Spent the rest of the evening alone. Which normally isn't a bad thing, I don't mind being alone, but it ended up being a bad night. The whole week had gone relatively well, but you know how one thing can just set you off? Well, I've been trying so hard to stay strong, but last night one little thing sent me crashing and burning. Not fun. Got through it, though, and both a very timely email (I don't know how you do it, Joyce!) and a chat with a best friend helped alot.

I had a great chat on the phone with Chantelle a couple of nights ago -- she is always so bright and full of life, always makes me laugh. Her job is going well and she's been getting quite a few hours in. She's a bit frustrated that her boss doesn't make a schedule more than a few days ahead, but hopefully they can straighten that out.

After I talked to her last weekend, she had talked to her ex-(but still good friend)boyfriend, and he later called Sheldon just to let him know that he was available if he ever needs to talk, and to offer him the money to go out and visit Chantelle if he ever feels like he just needs to get away from things here for a bit, maybe on his next school break or whatever. A wonderful gesture and one that means alot -- thank you, Mark.

So many people have been blessing us. :-)

I'm working today. Hmm... seems to be a pattern here of posting when I'm bored at work... lol. Not a real busy day -- steady, but not busy. That's alright, I'm not complaining. ;-)

The new boards sure aren't very active. They don't feel much like home yet. Maybe because so many of the "regular" members aren't there, I dunno. I have found that I'm not really missing the moderating, though. It's rather nice to just pop in now and again and not have the responsibility or the (sometimes) stress. ;-)

Time to end this senseless rambling and get some work done... :-P I hope everyone has a great weekend! Have fun at the concert, John. ;-)

No comments: