Friday, January 12, 2007

Brrrrrrr.....

I talked to my girl last night. She was basking in +34°C temps, while we're freezing in -28 to -30°C temps, with a windchill of -40 to -45°C. So not fair.... lol.

There are 5 Filipino men who come into the library frequently. They have been living in town for about 8 months (one has been here longer), and they got their first experience of a blizzard the other day.... and now this bitter cold. I feel for them... even I hate it, and I'm used to it! Poor fellows... lol.

I got Christmas presents in the mail today -- lots of great stuff. I got spoiled again. :-) This was one of the gifts:

iHome

(I already have a Nano, it's the iHome that I got.) ;-)

Sheldon's off to a basketball tournament today -- about 3.5 - 4 hours from here. I'm not thrilled that they are traveling in this cold weather, but there are several carloads, parents driving, and probably every person going has a cell phone... lol. So they should be okay.

I wish I was at home curling up on the couch, under my fuzzy Eeyore blanket, sipping hot chocolate and reading my book. Only 2 1/2 hours of work left.... :-P

*~*~*~*~*~*
Currently listening to: Launchcast
Currently reading: Hannibal Rising ~ Thomas Harris

1 comment:

Alan said...

Very cool gift.

Hope things are going well with you and that you aren't too cold...