Monday, October 23, 2006

Randomness...

Today is a laundry/dishes/housework kind of day... I need to get caught up.

I'll be out of town the next two days, for a librarian workshop. They are sometimes kind of boring, but on the other hand it's a nice change from work, seeing other people, hotel room and meals all paid for... plus my regular pay for both days. So I really can't complain. :-P I hope to get a short visit in with my aunt and uncle tomorrow night -- I have a banquet at 6:30 and she teaches an anger management class till 8:30, but hopefully after that.

Been pondering my future alot. I hate change, and don't do well with decision making. The past couple of years have brought some big changes, but at the same time, other things remained the same... my job, my home, etc. Now with Sheldon graduating in the spring and planning to move out in the summer, more changes come into play, including the possibility of having to sell the house. I don't know where things will go from there... thoughts and possibilities, but no real direction... It's very scary.

My life is not like I had expected it to be, and that is okay... because although it's not like I expected, it is good. But it does mean letting go of the conception that I had had, and being able to embrace change. I think that God has -- for some time -- been preparing me for something different. Even positive changes can be hard...

We've been worried about my mom lately... some confusion, forgetting things (like what day it is, appointments, etc.), some other stuff. She attributes it to new medication she was taking, and it has been quite a bit better since she seems to have gotten that regulated, but not entirely better. Talked to my aunt, and to my sister. My sister doesn't think it's a real concern, but I don't know... I'll talk to my aunt about it tomorrow night.

Well, I guess I should get to that laundry and those dishes, shouldn't I? :-P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My mom forgets stuff, too. It's very disconcerting.

And my life has totally changed in the last 2 years, too. I never thought I'd be doing what I'm doing with my life. Look at me--I'm an entrepreneur!

I'm praying for you, September.