Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Today's adventure...

(Those of you on the Ship will have read this already...)

As previously posted, I got my nose pierced a few weeks ago, right nostril. Well, sometime during the night, I somehow managed to catch my fingernail on the little stone on the end of the nostril screw, and totally ripped it off! Not pulling out the nostril screw, but yanking off the stone! Weird, I tell ya..... I thought I'd dreamt it, but sure enough, I got up this morning and checked, and it was gone. :rolleyes:

I actually was able to find it, which is pretty miraculous in itself, because it is tiny. It looks really ugly without it (kind of a greenish lining in the spot where the stone goes), so I went and bought some crazy glue and thought I'd glue it back on. Now, my piercing is only a few weeks old, so I didn't want to take the nostril screw out. However, I realized that there is no way I could crazy-glue it back in (being so tiny) without ending up with the stone stuck to my face. :P

So I decided to take the nostril screw out, glue the stone on, and put it back in. Yeah....... right...... :rolleyes:

Got the stone glued on, but couldn't get the nostril screw back in -- tricky little things they are, curved and difficult to manage. So there I am, struggling to get it in, my nose is hurting, and I'm running out of time and have to get to work. I never did get it in... I ended up finding a small earring stud and putting that in temporarily so that it doesn't close up (feels terrible... lol). Blah.....

Now, if I didn't live an hour from the city and my piercer, I'd just go get them to put a new one in, but that isn't feasible at the moment (or for at least several days).

I'll try it again tonight.

*~*~*
UPDATE: Finally got it back in tonight. My nose is red, swollen, and hurts like crazy. More than the initial piercing. I won't be messing with that again until it's well healed! (Never had a problem with any of my piercings before, and I wouldn't have this time if I hadn't decided to glue that stupid stone back on.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*cringes*

Ow.