Friday, September 08, 2006

I guess autumn has arrived...

We had great summer weather -- some would say it was too hot, but I thought it was great. I think it's the nicest summer we've had in a long time. Today when I went outside, though, it was a little cooler -- crispier (but not cold), and had that "fall" kind of smell. The leaves are only just starting to turn color, but the little apples are falling off my tree like crazy... if you're outside you can hear them constantly hitting the ground. It really is a nice time of year... I hope it lasts for a good long while, cuz I really hate winter... lol.

Sheldon started back to school last week... this year is going to go by so fast, I know it already...

We had a great long weekend with Chantelle home. :-) We hung out and talked lots, and enjoyed our time together. The kids went to the lake with their dad on Sunday, and on Sunday evening Chantelle's best friend from Winnipeg (Megan) and Megan's boyfriend (Daniel) arrived and stayed the night with us. They had taken a trip out to B.C. and were returning to Winnipeg. It was a fun night, and the first time I'd met Megan, so that was cool.

Chantelle flew back to Calgary on Tuesday evening. That was kinda tough... There was a time when it was really hard for me when she left, but I got better over time and it didn't bother me the same way. This time is different, though. Not so much because she'll be gone longer, but the fact that she's going to be so far away... on the other side of the world. I am so happy for her, and I have every confidence that she will be fine... but there is always that "mom" concern, you know? Anyway, I had my sad moments by myself the night before, because I needed to be strong when she left. She is wanting to be really positive and not have a bunch of teary farewells. I did good. ;)

Now that it's fall, all the usual meetings (library board, church council, etc.) will be starting up again. Not nearly as many as I used to have, but I still kind of dread them. *Must think positive, must think positive*. ;)

Enough slacking, back to work....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No autumn here yet. We have the customary "Indian Summer," where it's hot for a good part of September. At least there haven't been any major fires close by. *crosses fingers*

Praying for you daughter as she travels and for you, too. :)

September said...

Thanks, Kathy. :)