Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Much better

Sheldon is feeling much, much better. In fact, I am quite amazed at how well he's doing.

For three days last week, he slept pretty much 24/7... could barely stay awake for even 5 minutes, couldn't eat because of the swollen, sore throat. The glands in his neck were hugely swollen, and his spleen was enlarged. On John's recommendation, I got some olive leaf extract. He started taking it on Thursday, and by the evening the swelling in his glands had gone down noticeably, and he was starting to feel better -- much more alert, wanting to eat, etc. By Friday, you wouldn't know he was the same kid who could hardly move just 2 days before. He has continued to improve drastically, and the doctor was quite amazed yesterday.... lol.

The doctor wanted him to stay home from school for the rest of this week, too, but I let him go back today and will see how he does. He has been feeling good, not even fatigued. I don't want him to push it, though, so will keep a check on things.

In other news..... lol. My brother flew out from Vancouver the weekend of May 12-14, to see my grandma. I went down to MJ on the Saturday to see him, and to visit Grammie again. She wasn't doing as well as the last time I went. She is still in pretty good spirits, but health-wise she is slowly getting worse. The pain seems to be managed, but she still gets nauseous and I don't think she's eating much. She does seem to be more relaxed, though, being in the hospital. I'm sure it was frightening for her to be alone before. She's still waiting for a palliative care bed in the nursing home..... not sure if she's make it there or not......

Anyway, my brother and I had a good visit with Grammie, and I had a really good visit with him and my aunt & uncle. It was a good day. :-)

No comments: