Thursday, May 04, 2006

Grammie is back in the hospital. She was very sick to her stomach and in a great deal of pain again. She's not been keeping her meds straight at all, and because of the pain and nausea she wasn't eating, either. Once they got her into the hospital and got her meds straight again, she's feeling better and is eating again. She's still a bit confused -- and my aunt says she keeps asking where I am, she thinks I'm there somewhere in the building... lol.

The upside to this is that the doctor can see how sick she is and that she isn't managing at home alone, so they are keeping her in the hospital until a palliative care bed comes open at the nursing home across the street from where she lives. That is a relief.

My brother is coming from Vancouver next weekend. I hope he'll have the chance to have a good visit with her.

No comments: