Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I went shopping in "the city" yesterday, mostly for birthday presents (Robbie and my nephew), although I got a few things for me, too.... lol. The boys and I bought an early birthday/Christmas gift for Chantelle -- because she won't be here for either, and this way she can take it to Australia with her. We got her a digital camera and a 2 GB memory card. It's a nice little camera, I think she will love it. I love forward to the pics that she'll send. :)

She's booked her flight -- leaving Calgary on Sept. 17. She flies into L.A., then to Singapore, and she arrives in Sydney the morning of Sept. 20. Exciting! She's coming home sometime in August to see everyone before she leaves.

My mom called me on Sunday -- apparently Grammie fell and broke her wrist. :( She was hallucinating and thought my uncle had been hurt and was at the hospital. She got out of bed to go to him and she fell. Fortunately her bad hip did not give out on her, because that would really finish her off. But this is not good, either.

Oh for pete's sake..... it's raining again!!! It's been cold and rainy for days, it's really quite depressing.

I'm getting myself a new bike, finally. I have to put my old one to rest.... lol. A local store has some on sale this week. They didn't have the one I wanted in stock, but will order it and it should be here within a week.

Sheldon continues to feel really good. He's back at work (5 days in a row), and even with work and school he's feeling fine. :)

1 comment:

fatchans said...

Did you say Christmas??? You did say Christmas. You're not an alien life form, are you?

I'm happy that Sheldon's doing better. Did you tell the doctor your 'ancient Chinese secret' (well, actually, it's Middle Eastern, which is, I suppose, Oriental)