Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Happy New Year!

I'm back...... :-D

I hope everyone had a great Christmas, and I wish you all a wonderful New Year!

I had a fantastic holiday season. I've been on vacation since December 24th, I go back to work tomorrow.... blech. I always hate going back after vacation.

Chantelle got home on December 23rd. It was so great to have her home. :-) The kids spent Christmas Eve with their dad and that side of the family. More relatives than usual were home for Christmas this year, so that was cool for them. They had a good time. Chantelle, Sheldon and I went to church that night -- one of my favorite services of the year. Love it!

Christmas Day was quiet, but very relaxing and very nice. We slept in -- we are all night owls, lol. We opened gifts and just kinda lazed around a bit, I got the turkey in the oven for supper, and we played some board games in the afternoon, including our annual round of Trivial Pursuit. I think we need an easier version..... hahaha. Of course, there was the obligatory munching of goodies and snacks while playing games. ;-) It was a wonderful day -- I am so very thankful for my kids, and for the time we had all together. They are awesome. :-)

Chantelle went to Winnipeg to visit friends for New Year's. She planned to leave on the 28th, but things didn't work out as planned, and she left on the morning of the 29th instead.

And speaking of plans not working out..... in the end they did, but they started off with a big hitch. I went on vacation after Christmas -- to Arizona for a week. Or almost a week. I was supposed to fly out on the 28th, but unfortunately on the way to Saskatoon (an hour away), Sheldon's car broke down!!! We managed to get back to a nearby town to call home (no cell). He ended up having to get it towed back to town, and I had to get Robbie to come pick us up and try to get me to Saskatoon in time for my flight. We hit snow and unbelievable traffic jams in Saskatoon, and when I got to the airport, the flight was just departing. Arrggghhhhh........ So frustrating.

I spent the next hour making new arrangements for a flight the next morning, being told that the plane hadn't left after all (weather delay) and that they'd get me on the flight -- but all my info in the computer had to be changed back (since I was now booked for a different flight), and that took FOREVER. They finally got it done and were about to send me to the plane (my luggage was already sent), only to be told that the plane had just left!!!!! After they had promised me that it wouldn't leave without me. Man....... what a stressful day!!!!

I ended up getting put back onto the flight for the following morning, and staying in Saskatoon overnight at my dad's. Had to be at the airport at 5:00 a.m., and there was no way I was going back home! lol

My vacation itself was awesome. :-D I got home a little after 2:00 this morning -- coming from Saskatoon in dense fog. So I slept in this morning and am being lazy today -- my last day before work. Just unpacking and doing some laundry, catching up on emails/boards/blogs, etc. At some point I need to take the Christmas tree down, but not today. :-P

Gonna call my girl tonight and see how her time in Winnipeg went. :-)

*~*~*

Currently playing: Always There ~ Todd Agnew

(can't wait to get my iPod updated with all my music :-D )

4 comments:

The Great Mooski said...

Cool!

I didn't know you were going to the States! I'm glad you got to go!! Do you have family in AZ?

That stinks about Sheldon's car!! I guess you can get him AAA for his birthday ;) (Do you guys have AAA there?).

Anyway, it's great to read that you had such a wonderful holiday :). Welcome back!!!!!

September said...

Thanks, Amy. Umm... no, no family in the States. I went to visit a good friend...

We have CAA here. ;-)

The Great Mooski said...

Oh. Yeah, nevermind. I forgot.

September said...

S'okay.