Friday, January 20, 2006

I always dislike this time of year.... financial and annual reports for work, annual meetings for work and church, and some of the junk that seems to go with that.

I won't say much about work, except that there's some stress related to the need to find a new treasurer for the library board. Have to leave it at that, as this is a public blog...

Every year I dread annual meeting time for our church. Well, I didn't used to -- but for the last few years I have. I really have to make a decision about whether to stay on in my current position. I haven't particularily wanted to have it for the past couple of years, but there are so very few of us that I end up feeling "obligated", and that is not a good reason to be there. I've stayed in this position more as a support to a friend than because it's either where I want to be or think I should be. I'd feel bad to leave her without support, and at this time I'm really unsure as to whether anyone else would be willing to fill the position. Blah...... I don't know what to do. I don't *feel* like it's where I want to be. I think I got burned out. Among other things. *sigh*

Sheldon should have his car fixed this weekend. Poor kid has been waiting for over 3 weeks. At least it wasn't as bad as they first expected. He's going to help his dad with it in the morning.

He's got a busy week coming up, between semester finals, a Nickelback concert (which, had I known that Live was opening for them...!!! I would have loved to have gone. Not that he'd have wanted his mother there! lol), work, his home basketball tournament on Friday/Saturday, and his 17th birthday on Saturday. ;-) I think I'm going to go to Saskatoon on Monday to get the rest of his birthday present and do some other shopping.

So yeah.... that's about it for an update from me.... lol. :-P

*~*~*~*

Currently playing: You're Beautiful ~ James Blunt

2 comments:

Slicer said...

Praying for you as you tackle these items on your "must do" list.

Hope Sheldon's birthday is enjoyable.

September said...

Thanks, Matt and Alan.

For some reason, this stuff is really getting to me tonight. Unfortunately there are "layers" to it that make it not so simple to deal with. Dysfunction in my family (extended) carries over into dysfunction in my church. :-S