Friday, January 27, 2006

It's still Friday... ;-)

Sheldon's basketball tournament started tonight. His first game was at 7:00 -- they won, 80-35. Nice! :-) I have to work tomorrow, but will still be able to make his other two games. I'm making soup tonight for the canteen tomorrow, and he and I have to work at the canteen from 9:30-11:00 a.m. His next game is at 11:30, so I'll get to see about half of it before I have to go to work, and then his final game is at 7:00, so that gives me plenty of time after work. I was worried I might not see him play much -- with most of his games out of town this season and me working, I've barely made it to a game. I don't like that.

His birthday is tomorrow, so we gotta find time to celebrate that, too. ;-)

His birthday fell during the home tournament last year, too... that was a rough time... I'm glad that things are different this year for me. I hope that they are okay for him. And I hope his dad makes it to the tournament this year, and sees him on his birthday......

~~~~~

I'm listening to some Rich Mullins tonight. (Thanks, John!) It's been a long time since I listened to Rich -- I need to do so more often. I'm thinking that I should add him to my iPod. ;-)

I'm going to have to go find a snack. The smell of soup cooking is making me terribly hungry... lol.

Have a great weekend, my friends! :-)

*~*~*~*~
Currently playing: Let Mercy Lead ~ Rich Mullins

2 comments:

fatchans said...

I just stopped by on my way to a funeral. It's funny how our small interaction here just fits in with all the large goings on that surrounds us. Must be a God-thing.

Carmel said...

Happy birthday, Sheldon! I hope the tournament goes well and the soup is a hit!