Friday, June 03, 2005

Yay, it's Friday! :-D Well, I still have to work tomorrow, but still... it's Friday!

The week went by quickly. The month is going to go by quickly I am thinking. Sheldon only has a couple weeks of school left, then finals to write.

His grade 10 hiking/camping trip is coming up, they leave early Sunday morning. They camp and hike through Cypress Hills park -- their longest hike is 17 km. Through the forest and bush, with only a topographical map and a compass to find their way to their destination. Carrying all their supplies on their backs. Should be fun... glad it's not me! Hahaha. It's not a big deal to him at all, having been in Scouts for many years, but for some who never even walk anywhere let alone go camping/hiking, it could be very interesting to say the least. Some of the girls are freaking out already, and one of the teachers who is going has never been hiking either. She's like "what do you mean I can only take one pair of shoes?!" Good grief....

They are put into groups of mostly 3's. Sheldon ended up with only one partner, and of course it is with someone who he really doesn't get along with. Isn't that always the way? The thing about this trip is that it is a great learning experience for all of them, and a good bonding experience for the whole class, too. The teacher leading it has done it for a number of years, and always has great things to report. I'm sure Sheldon will have a wonderful time. :-) Now, if only the weather will be nice...

It's Robbie's birthday on Sunday. *Gulp*. He's going to be 25 years old. How did that happen?! Makes me sound old. I don't feel old... haha. It just makes me sound old. :-P No special plans. I'll bake him a cake (mmmm), but he's working this weekend and it will just be the two of us at home, so it will be quiet. I think he and Rachel should celebrate together... they are only 10 hours apart, her being the older one. 25 years... yikes..... seems like yesterday that I was there.....

Speaking of 25 years, my 25 year high school reunion is this summer, to be held the same weekend as the town's Homecoming/Centennial celebration. I haven't decided if I'm going yet. If a couple of old friends from out of town come back for it I might, otherwise probably not. Much of my class is still living here (or moved back), and I see them around all the time, but I'm not friends with them, so... We'll see....

1 comment:

Slicer said...

Don't feel old. That is a significant milestone, but at least you're not talking about your 50th!! ;-)