Monday, June 20, 2005

I got a lil reminder that I haven't updated in awhile.... :-P Doesn't seem like there's much to write about, but I'll try... ;-)

School's almost done, Sheldon started writing finals today. He has a couple more this week, then one more next week. Report cards are out on the 30th. And it's finally feeling like summer! I was beginning to wonder if it ever would!

We had an awesome thunderstorm a few nights ago! (I love thunderstorms!) Unfortunately, with the storm came some tornadoes. I didn't know until later the next day that one (some?) had hit around here. Some farmers lost barns, sheds, other buildings, even livestock (sheep and chickens). On one farm, several power poles were ripped right out of the ground, so some areas were without power for some time. I had been watching a movie and not even paying attention to any weather warnings... way to go, September! :rolleyes: I was just enjoying the thunder.... what a goob.

Sheldon applied for a summer job a few weeks ago, and he got a call tonight. They want him to start on Friday morning (pumping gas). He needs a week off to go out to Calgary in July, but other than that he should be available most of the summer. He was also asked to go help shingle a roof on Saturday -- one of his teachers was looking for a few students to help out, he'll pay them each $100 for the day's work, so that is pretty cool. He's going to enjoy having some spending money this summer, and hopefully a start on saving for a inexpensive first car. ;-)

I've been trying to keep up with my walking. I usually manage to get in at least 4 times a week, need to try for more. I don't know the actual distance I've been walking, only that it's usually about 40 minutes. Gonna see if one of the boys will clock it so I know how far I'm going. I've added in an extra bit to what I was doing before, but am now at the same amount of time, so I must have picked up the pace a bit.... lol. I was attempting to do an aerobic workout several mornings a week, but I have an even harder time sticking to that. :-P I like walking because I can put on my tunes and just go -- usually letting my thoughts wander where they will. It helps to work out alot of stuff in head, and I feel better both physically and mentally.

I work 4 or 5 days a week (it alternates), but only 2 of those days include mornings, so I'm looking forward to having some days for sleeping in just a bit this summer. We don't have any special plans for the summer, but I like the relaxed atmosphere and the temporary freedom from meetings, etc. I only wish it lasted longer!

Is that enough randomness? LOL. Till next time... ;-)

~~~~~

Currently playing: Grace and Love ~ Kutless

3 comments:

Slicer said...

Thanks for the update :-)
I need to get out and walk like you do, #9. I bet you feel great afterwards.

Anonymous said...

I miss running, but always seem too busy for it. I guess it's one of those things you actually have to MAKE time for, huh?

Glad to hear things are going well up in Saska...Saskatcha...Canada. ;-)

September said...

Alan = goob

:-P