Monday, April 25, 2005

I posted awhile back about one of my patrons at the library, an elderly man, who was recently diagnosed with liver cancer. Sad to say that he died a few days ago.. :-( I didn't even know until I was reading the Prayers of the People at church yesterday, and we were praying for his family... It's unusual in a small town not to know everything within a half hour of it happening, but for some reason I hadn't heard. I also hadn't known that his funeral is today. If my mom hadn't called me last night to let me know, I probably would have missed it.

I will miss Ray very much. He was the most sweet and gentle person. I'm glad that the cancer took him relatively quickly. He was 92 (I think), and it was his time to go. I hope he didn't suffer, but went quietly and gently -- as he lived life. Darn, I'm going to miss his frequent visits to the library.......

1 comment:

fatchans said...

I need to visit your blog more frequently, September!

Thanks for those thoughts (to yourself) about forgiveness - a few entries ago.