Saturday, February 17, 2007

Hmmm... do I have anything to update?

Let's see... Valentine's Day was low-key. Josh and I have postponed it for a month... lol. I go to AZ on March 14. ;-)

I was thankful that the pseudo-stalker I had talked about elsewhere didn't do anything for V-Day this year. I was worried, cuz he was here when I came into work that day, but other than wishing both the other librarian and myself a Happy V-Day on his way out, nothing. *Whew* There hasn't been an opportunity to talk to him, anytime he's here, there's lots of other people around.

I had a few moments this afternoon of really missing my grandma. Not sure where it came from, totally unexpected. Oh, maybe it was because I was wondering how my uncle was doing. He's in the hospital, again. He's had heart trouble for many years, several surgeries, etc. He hasn't been well for some time, especially this past year. Apparently he has a "spot" on his lung that they are checking out. *sigh* Waiting to hear more.

Sheldon got back from his school skiing/snowboarding trip late last night/early morning. I'm not sure what time he got in, but I know it was after 2:00 a.m. He was still asleep when I left for work, so I haven't talked to him yet. Hopefully they had a good time. :-)

I talked to Chantelle about a week ago. She's still doing great, still at Surfer's and working in a seafood restaurant for now.

We had our church's annual meeting a couple of weeks ago. I gave up the one position that I had. It doesn't make much difference as far as the various "jobs" that I actually have, it was more of a responsibility thing. I knew that I wasn't doing a good job, I didn't want to be in that position and felt like a hypocrite for being there. I feel better about that now, but feel some slight guilt because no one has been willing to take it on. But I knew that would happen. I feel like I've pulled some support out from under my friend -- she has way to much to handle already. It was something I felt I needed to do, though.

Our diocese elected a new bishop last May. He's been going around to visit all of the parishes to get to know people, and he visited us two weeks ago. It was great. Bishop Gregory is such a down-to-earth and engaging person, and so easy to talk to. (He's the same age as me.) I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed the day -- and that hasn't happened with church stuff for a long time. It was nice to feel uplifted, even if it was only temporary.

We are starting to get some things done with the new library building... it's exciting. Sooooo much work for the next few months, but exciting nonetheless! We are planning to move at the end of April, if all goes according to plan.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Currently reading: Blue Like Jazz ~ Donald Miller
Currently playing: Launchcast at work

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read the part in your blog about where you felt bad leaving your church committment, and it made me think back in the other church I was in I was the Dept. Chair for Evangelism but really felt it was time for me to step down, I knew God was telling me that... and I know now still that I did the right thing. No one filled that position till this year, and I really feel the person in that position is doing an amazing job (I know that cuz I see her at Bible Study and we talk).
It's all for a reason, don't feel bad for leaving something especially if you feel you're supposed to or you feel God is leading you out. There's always a time of calling in..... and also calling out!
God has just the right person in mind for that very spot!!

I'm glad you get to see Josh in a month...that's cool!! Have fun when you do go!

Take care #9,
~ Stephanie