Saturday, September 24, 2005

Saturday update instead ;-)

I'm thinking it's time for an update, although I'm not sure I have much to say.... lol.

I was watching some of the coverage of Hurricane Rita last night. I finally stopped -- it just made me worry even more about Carrie & Kent and the kids. Praying that they are all okay. I haven't watched anything today, just checked a few reports on the Internet.

Set up the Pirate Ship this week... that's been fun. :-D I love this stuff, and haven't done any website-related creating since I did the Teens Encounter Christ site a few years ago. This was minor compared to that, all I did was sign up for the board and then make some changes to the skins -- color schemes, etc. But still fun. I'm a dork.... lol.

I'm glad you guys are enjoying it. It really does feel more like "home", like the "old days". I'm very happy with it.

Talked to my girl earlier in the week -- that's always good. She makes me laugh. :-) The kids and I have talked about Christmas, and we all feel that we want to spend it by ourselves this year. Just us, no extended family. I think we need that. I'm sure that they will spend Christmas Eve with their dad and his side of the family (which is when they always celebrate), although Chantelle did mention that she still wants to go to church that night -- that is important to her. Christmas has been kinda rough for me for some time now... I don't know how it will be this year, but I think it will be okay. I actually feel better about it now than I have for a long time.

Had to go over some legal stuff this week, and have papers to sign next week. It went fine -- things are okay -- I'm okay. :-)

Well, once again I'm posting at work, so I should get back to it. I hope you all have a great weekend!

(Please keep Carrie and her family in your prayers.)

EDIT: Received an update from Carrie, and they are fine. Heavy rain and high winds, but no major damage.

2 comments:

The Great Mooski said...

Howdy.

Wishing we could share a Yuletide hug in December. I'm glad you guys are going to be together. I'm sorry that you've had a rough time in years past. This year is a new beginning, though. HUGS!

My sister called me not long ago and told me she's "official (divorced)." It was bittersweet for her b/c she wanted so badly to reconcile. She's sort of started dating again, which was weird for her....I don't think she wanted to admit to anyone that she would/could have feelings for someone that quick (it's been 2 years, really...since the separation..maybe longer)...in that way. She's been friends with a few guys from a church group lately (we teased her..b/c she's like a light attracting moths!) and struck a chord with one in particular. She called to let me know that they went on their first date. She says they are taking it very slow.

This is weird. :-) Do you feel weird knowing this? LOL. I just blab and blab and blab.......

September said...

Blabbing is good... ;-)

And strangely enough, no I don't feel weird knowing. :-P

Thanks for the hugs! :D