Saturday, September 10, 2005

Update

I suppose I should update with something other than songs to download and videos to watch. ;-)

So yeah... on Monday Sheldon and I went to Regina to see Chantelle before she headed back to Calgary. Picked her up about 1:00, and went to the closest mall. We were going to have something to eat, but decided to see what was playing at the cheap theatre. The only show that worked for us time-wise was Madagascar. What a great movie! Fuunnny! We quite enjoyed it.

Afterward we went for a late lunch, and spent considerable time yakking. ;-) A few stops in the mall, then we drove her to the bus station. Made a 7-11 run, then sat in the bus station coffeeshop and visited until it was time for her to leave. It wasn't a long time (a little more than 5 hours), but it was so great to see her and to just be able to relax and enjoy. Only a few months now till she's home for Christmas. :-D

Yesterday I got a wonderful surprise at work! My friend Joyce only lives about 3 hours from me, but we haven't seen each other in..... I don't know how long, but several years. She stopped in to see me yesterday! Totally unexpected. I was in the back shelving videos, and I turned around and there she was walking toward me! :-D It was a very brief visit as her and Fred were just passing through, but it was awesome! Joyce has been my rock and my sounding board and one of my main sources of encouragement in the past couple of years, and I've missed her so much. A real live hug was long overdue, and much appreciated. ;-)

That's about my excitement for the week... lol. Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments: