Monday, July 14, 2008

Moving...

... only to an apartment, not out of town. ;-)

Part of the divorce agreement was selling the house. I've been really worried about not finding a place to rent if/when it sells, since there's been -- quite literally -- nothing available in town recently. An apartment came open earlier this month, but was taken right away. I found out that there were a couple coming open at the end of the month, so I called, had a look, and decided to take it. (The community college is running a paramedic course and a plumbing course from October - March, bringing about 30 people into town who will ALL be looking for a place to rent. I figured if I didn't act now, I'd be toast until spring.)

I can move in August 1st, but probably won't get moved in until the next weekend, because that's the long weekend and the help I need already have commitments that weekend. I still have some vacation time, so will likely take some time off to pack/move/unpack. Oh joy! lol

I'm still a bit nervous about it, but in the end I think I made the right choice and feel some relief from the stress I've been under lately.

Now if only my boy could find another place to live in the city! That's probably an even bigger problem...

1 comment:

Empress KT said...

I have a love/hate relationship with moving. Hate the work . . . love the possibilities. Wish I were there to help out, but it would be a long drive. LOL