Tuesday, July 01, 2008

The good stuff...

I've had a lot on my mind lately, things I'm worried about, decisions to make (and I hate making major decisions!), various and assorted stuff. Today, I'm going to focus on good things, on things that I enjoy, that make me smile, that I feel good about, that I am grateful for...

♥ reading great (500+ page) books until the wee hours of the morning and being able to sleep in the next day
♥ not feeling guilty for missing church on the rare occasion after staying up till all hours reading great books
♥ the beautiful summer weather we've had the last few days
♥ air conditioning at work
♥ thunderstorms at night
♥ watching movies with Josh
♥ unlimited long distance plan that makes watching movies with Josh possible ;-) ; hours-long, late night chats
♥ emails and youtube video from my girl in New Zealand
♥ completing my class and getting 100% (well, it was 98.5% plus some bonus marks) -- and enjoying that class very much!
♥ the sponsorship that has paid for the above class as well as the previous and future ones
♥ visits with my dad
♥ being asked to help moderate the library teen summer reading club discussion board and book reviews (Canada-wide website). Who knew that so many teens actually enjoy discussing books!
♥ playing Scrabulous on Facebook
♥ setting up a blog for the library
♥ Josh's birthday coming up and buying gifts for him
♥ ordering new books for the library, and buying some new books for me :-D
♥ the quick chat on the phone with Josh's mom and dad a couple of days ago... and being grateful that they love me and accept me
♥ my fellow pirates, who are very dear to me
♥ my fellow long-distance-relationship gals who understand it all
♥ anticipating the summer season of Big Brother (it's my summer indulgence, what can I say... haha)
♥ Rob Bell podcasts (when I remember to listen)
♥ low fat cappuccino frozen yogurt
♥ buying a few new clothes on clearance and having them come up at an even lower price on checkout
♥ Sheldon's quick visit recently. EDIT: and his unexpected visit this afternoon! :-)
♥ anticipating the release of Breaking Dawn, book 4 in the Twilight Saga, on August 2nd

That's a start at least... ;-)

2 comments:

Emily said...

I LOVE IT. And someday I'm going to copy you. ;) hehe

Empress KT said...

Nice post. :)

Writing down what we're thankful for is an important exercise that we all need to do more often.

Thanks for the reminder.