Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Tagged...

I just read Carmel's xanga, and I see that I've been tagged... lol. I have to tell you 6 things about myself....

1. Other than a weekends/summer job that I had when I was in high school, my current job is the only (paid!) one I've had. I was a stay-at-home mom for many years, and started working as an assistant librarian in1997, for one year. I then moved to Branch Librarian, and have been in this position for almost 8 years now. I love my job -- most of the time! ... lol.

2. I have two middle names. My brother and sister, my three kids, and my sister's three kids all have two middle names. :-)

3. The past few years were in many ways ones of difficulty, but they were also ones of great learning, growth and new life. I have faced fears, had to look at my own faults and failings, been reminded of the need to forgive, stepped out in faith (despite the fears), learned a great deal about myself and others, found strength and courage as well as acceptance and love and friendship. Life is good. :-)

4. Unlike my daughter (who Josh calls my gyspy), I've never been very adventurous. I still live in the same small town I grew up in, and never went far from it -- definitely didn't venture anywhere alone... lol. In the past two years, though, I've travelled 3 times to the States to see friends, and those have been some of the most special times of my life. I miss my friends, and hope to one day see them again. For now, though, my excursions will be taking me only to Arizona. ;-)

5. I don't drive, have never driven in my life. Most people think that is so weird, and you have no idea how many people have told me that they could teach me, they could get me to drive.... lol. Well, it hasn't worked yet, but it is something I at least think about now... It is weird, it's really a phobia, but maybe it's one that I can overcome. We'll see...... ;-)

6. I am not a morning person. Even as a baby, I was up half the night -- my poor mom, because my older brother was a morning person, and would be up at the crack of dawn. I don't think she ever got any sleep. (Sorry, Mom!) I'm still a night owl, and love to sleep in whenever I can. Mornings can be made better, however, with a good cup of coffee. :D


Oh, almost forgot.... I need to tag some others. I tag Amy, John, Kathy, Alan, Slyvia and Steph. (Matt, in case you haven't seen, Carmel tagged you as well. ;-) )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm . . . I've never heard of this tagged business. I guess I have to find something interesting to write on my blog.

The Great Mooski said...

This is a first for me, too...

I shall be blogging sometime soon. I may go beddy-bye before then, though. I have to take all the chances I can get to sleep, b/c I am a night owl, too. I do not function well (anymore) w/o at least 6 hrs.