Thursday, March 02, 2006

Waiting for news about my grandma

(Decided to edit this post somewhat.)

Some of you will have already read about this (briefly) on the boards, but I decided to post here, too. I found out yesterday that there is strong possibility that my grandma has cancer -- we are waiting for results. I've posted prayer requests for her before... she has very painful arthritis in her shoulder, she had hip replacement some years ago but was recently having major problems with the one hip and there was the possibility of another hip replacement there. However, she also has heart problems that are a factor in whether to have surgery.

She had been doing better as far as the hip was concerned, but the shoulder was still extremely painful and I believe she was on some strong medication for that. She's lost a fair amount of weight, and my mom took her shopping a few weeks ago because she wanted some new clothes that fit better. What I didn't know until yesterday was that she hasn't been able to eat much, and that combined with the weight loss was of concern to her doctor. He sent her for tests, and then she got a call at 8:00 yesterday morning that they needed her to come back in again for more tests. She has a cyst on her pancreas.... but they won't know if it is cancerous until it's removed, and I'm not sure when that is going to happen, she is just waiting at this point. She told my mom that if it is cancer, she will not have any treatments (she'll be 87 this May).

*~*~*~*~*~*

Currently playing: Mountain of God ~ Third Day

No comments: