Monday, March 27, 2006

I feel like I should update, but there doesn't seem to be much to say....

Sheldon went snowboarding this past weekend -- school trip to Fernie, B.C. They had a great time, and he came back all in one piece.... lol. Always a good thing. ;-)

Chatted on the phone with my girl last night. Did I mention that she got a part time job? Can't remember. Anyway, she got a part time job... haha. She's working some evenings and weekends at Chapters (large bookstore chain). For someone who loves books, you'd think it would be perfect!!! She's not really one for working in retail -- as she's discovered -- and she was finding it pretty boring at first, but I think it's going okay. She's only been there a couple of weeks, and they had her cashing out four tills on her own yesterday. They seem to like her. She's saving up all the money from this job for her Australia trip.

It finally feels like spring! Let's just hope it lasts. It has been so nice the past few days. Today was just gorgeous, with the sun shining and the snow melting. I went for a walk this afternoon (dodging the puddles), and might go again tonight when I'm done posting this.

Not really anything new on my grandma. A couple of my aunts went with her to the doctor last week, to make sure some things are being taken care of. She got a pain patch to help control the pain she's been having, and other medicine to help with the nausea, so she's been able to eat better. The rest of the family stuff... I'm trying not to let it bother me (at least at the moment!).

If anyone is so inclined, prayers for one of my best friends and her family would be appreciated. She is caring for her elderly dad in her home, and he is dying of lung cancer. It's really, really hard on her and she is pretty overwhelmed, to say the least.

I hate cancer. :-(

Think I'll go for that walk......

Edit: I think I'm going to buy a new bike soon. I've been saying that for the past couple of years... lol. Now I really do need a new one. They should be on sale soon. :-)

2 comments:

Carmel said...

Cancer sucks big time. I've been thinking of you a lot today. I'm praying for you. Loves and *huggles*

September said...

Thank you, my friend. *Hugs* backatchya. :-)