Monday, January 31, 2005

Friends

Friends... seems to be a recurring theme amongst my blogging friends... lol.

Yesterday was a rough day... and yet, it was a good day, too. Rough because some of the stuff I'm going through is escalating, and is going to get worse before it gets any better, I'm certain.

What made it a good day was the love and support of friends. Online friends who take the time, no matter what, to chat -- to listen and encourage and try so hard to make me smile -- and who return emails even though it's late at night. "In the flesh" friends who know from one look at you that something isn't right and ask how you're doing and offer to listen at anytime. Who, upon receiving an email, pick up the phone and talk for 2 hours -- crying, laughing, encouraging, loving, supporting. Friends who are willing to listen to me vent, who see me at my worst, who know my struggles, my hurts, and my faults, and who still love me.

God, I thank you for friends. I don't know where I would be without them. Some of the most amazing people have come into my life, and each one of them blesses me in so many ways.

And I thank you for my kids, who are the best. They are going to have their own struggles, but I think they understand.

I love the Encouragement Thread on the SCC boards. I used to post there a fair bit, and have been very neglectful of that. Today there was a post for me, and the timing was perfect. I just love it when those things happen. :-D

---

Currently playing: Healing Rain ~ MWS

2 comments:

Emily said...

September... You're a blessing--praying for you... I'm glad God's surrounded you with love!

September said...

Thanks, Emily. :-)

~~~~

Okay, I have to say that my daughter rocks! I got an awesome email from her tonight. I am so blessed. :-D