Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Summer Reading

I have a stack of books out from the library... as usual. Some are nonfiction and I read them in bits and pieces. A lot of them are children, juvenile and young adult books that I've been reading for my class -- which is almost done. A few are adult fiction that I've been trying to find time for... without too much success. :-P

Between the class I'm taking and searching for new YA books to buy for the library, I've been looking at and reviewing a great number of books. I finally decided that I'd read the first of the immensely popular Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyers, Twilight. Okay... I'm hooked. It was 498 pages, I read it in about 3 nights, staying up till all hours. Then I wanted the next one (New Moon), like right now! Unfortunately, there's a waiting list and despite that fact that I'm the librarian, our local branch copy hasn't been processed for circulation yet and I can't bump myself up the list... haha.

So, I decided today that I would buy it for myself. I'll get it faster. ;-) (Eventually I plan to own them all.) The third book, Eclipse, is already on it's way to me on interlibrary loan, and the final one, Breaking Dawn, isn't out until August. So I have time to get caught up. Also on today's Amazon order was Meyer's new sci-fi novel, The Host (hey, it was half price!), and The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. That should keep me going for a bit. :-D

Now, if only I didn't have to work..... ;-)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Currently reading: Hawkes Harbor by S. E. Hinton (hopefully will finish it before my order arrives!)
Currently playing: August Rush soundtrack

1 comment:

Andrew Clarke said...

Can I suggest a book to try, both for your self and to see if your readers would like it? "Outcasts Of Skagaray" is an action fantasy adventure, involving suspense and action, without gross bloodshed. If you want a preview, there are sample chapters on my site, www.threeswans.com.au If you like female protagonists, keep reading to the second chapter. Some teen readers have liked it a lot. I would be delighted if you read and enjoyed it, but best wishes anyway. My blog is http://threeswans.blogspot.com if you feel like a visit.