Monday, November 20, 2006

Moving???

No, not me... :-P

But maybe the library. We are in an old building that has served many different purposes long before it was ever the library. It's okay, but needs work, and my biggest issue is that we've had flooding and water leaks in the past, and I am afraid of what is growing underneath the carpet!!! Seriously! We had a leak in the bathroom earlier this year, and water seeped outside the bathroom onto the carpeted area... and we had some really funky-looking fungus growing out of the carpet!!! REALLY GROSS! I mean, how healthy can that be?! :-S

We've been talking for awhile about the possibility of moving to another building, and now the opportunity has come up that might make that a reality. There is a recently vacant building that is currently up for tender, and the board chairperson and I are going to the Town Council meeting tonight to put forth a proposal for them to consider bidding on the building (they could get it for peanuts) for the library. (The Town is required to provide a building for us.)

The purchase of the building probably wouldn't be a big issue, but the necessary funds to do some renovations and to make it wheelchair accessible might be the stickler. But we're going to give it a shot!

I was a bit hesitant about this building before, not being very familiar with the layout, but I've had a good look at it now, and the assistant librarian and I spent some time today dreaming up possibilities for it.... lol. I'm kind of excited about it. We'll see what happens. :-)

No comments: